Saturday 20 November 2010

Ring Ring

An early start this morning (5.30) down at Woolston Eyes NR, helping to put the mist nets up. I have applied to become a trainee ringer so hopefully my enthusiasm will stand me in good stead? Time will tell. A good morning session with myself actively ringing birds for the first time. Highlight of the morning was a Cetti's Warbler, unfortunately not rung by me. Although i did ring Coal, Blue and Great Tit, Brambling, Chaffinch, Bullfinch and Reed Bunting, not a bad first selection. Hopefully next week will be good news and i can apply for my ringing licence.

2 comments:

kozetland1 said...

Good grief - havent seen one of those for a while. Excellent pics - have similar views of some i trapped showing the 10 tail feathers instead of the usual 12.

Yoav Perlman said...

Good luck with ringing! I am sure that as a birder it will take you one step ahead. Now you need to work on your in-hand photography skills:-) No blue shirts please!